Who we are
Phato Investment Cooperative was founded in August 2012 as an instrument for advancing the national objectives of Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (“B-BBEE”) and as a practical panacea to the existing gap between the owners of capital and the working class. Phato Investment Cooperative is governed by the provisions of the Cooperative Act 14 of 2005 where its members are also the shareholders of the Company.
Phato Investment Cooperative was established as an economic instrument for amalgamating the collective economic interests of its members in order to invest its members’ funds, enrich and empower members of the cooperative and society at large.
Why Choose Us?
To be a world renowned, and self-sustaining investment cooperative. We seek to:
- Accumulate strategic economic assets to benefit our members
- Empower and educate our members
- Uplift disadvantaged communities
- The revision of the national Government empowerment policy for Broad-based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE)
- National Government focus on uplifting Cooperative organisations means the cooperative structure is a strong focus for the government
- Opportune economic environment for the support of start-up cooperatives by the government
- National initiatives by Government to industrialise rural areas
- Ample investment opportunities and financial support from Government for equity acquisitions by disadvantaged individuals
Phato Investment Cooperative is member-managed and it derives its strength from:
- Unity and spirit of cooperation among the members
- Sheer size of its shareholder base
- Diversity of expertise of its members; and
- Access to valuable information as a consequence of occupational orientation of its members